When you think of facial aging, you may have a particular area of your face that is the primary focus. Your aging may be drooping skin along your jowls, crow’s feet at the eyes, hooded eyelids, or fine facial wrinkles. However, if you thought about more than one of these, a standard facial procedure may not provide you with the results you desire. Many patients choose to combine facial procedures that address multiple areas of facial aging to ensure the best results possible.
One Procedure Does Not Fit All
The most common anti-aging surgery people think of is the facelift. However, most people don’t realize that a facelift only provides localized correction around the cheeks and jawline. A facelift will focus on lifting sagging facial muscles and skin along the jowls. It won’t provide any significant correction to wrinkles or aging of the upper third of your face, especially around the eyes and forehead.
Why Combining Procedures Matter?
The problem many patients have is that while they have significant lower facial aging, they may also have issues on the upper face. If both problem areas aren’t corrected, you may be left with less than stellar results. Combining procedures ensures that all the necessary problem areas receive correction. Not only will your initial results look better, but it can also provide you with long-lasting improvements.
Combining Surgical Procedures
You can combine surgical facial procedures to address multiple areas that are creating your aged appearance. These procedures are commonly combined, and each one treats a different issue.
- Facelift: Targets sagging skin and muscles around the jowls
- Neck Lift: Improves a loose, poorly defined neck appearance
- Eyelid Lift: Treats drooping eyelids or puffiness of the lower lids
- Brow Lift: Addresses heavy brows and creases along the forehead
- Facial Fat Grafting: Restores lost volume to the face and smooths wrinkles
Adding Non-Surgical Options
Non-surgical treatments can be performed directly after your procedure(s) or in the months and years following to maintain your results. Non-surgical options are mostly designed to smooth wrinkles and restore lost volume.
- Ultherapy®: Promotes skin tightening and may be used to treat areas with mild forms of laxity that don’t require full surgical correction
- Injectables: Designed to smooth wrinkles and restore volume, especially around the nose, mouth, and eyes
- Skin Care Treatments (laser skin rejuvenation and chemical peels): Work deeper into the skin to reverse wrinkles and improve discoloration
If you are looking to reverse your visible signs of aging, schedule a consultation to see which procedure is best suited for you. Call us at (212) 571-5200 or contact us online.