Brow lift surgery, also known as a forehead lift, elevates the brows and improves wrinkles in the upper portion of the face. This procedure removes excess skin and tightens the tissues to restore a rejuvenated appearance in the forehead, eyebrow, and eyelid areas.
The Benefits of a Brow Lift
Removes Forehead Wrinkles
Horizontal creases across the forehead are eliminated to reveal smooth, youthful skin above the eyebrows.
Corrects Frown Lines
Vertical furrows between the brows, known as “frown lines,” are improved to help express a more cheerful facial appearance.
Rejuvenates Your Eyes
Drooping brows that hang over the eyes can make you appear tired or angry. With a brow lift, you can project a more alert and friendly appearance.
Improves Line of Sight
Excess skin and fatty tissue from the eyebrows can be lifted to correct impaired vision from this overhang hooding the eyelids.
How do I know when I’m ready for a brow lift?
If you would like to experience the benefits of a brow lift, now might be the right time if you:
- Are physically healthy
- Do not smoke
- Have a positive outlook
- Have realistic goals
I’m Ready for a Brow Lift!
Types of Brow Lifts
- Utilizes a few tiny incisions, resulting in minimal scarring hidden within the hair
- Uses and endotine device to fix brow into place
- Does not efficiently eliminate excess skin
- Allows for a faster recovery time
- Utilizes an incision hidden along or within the hairline above the forehead
- The skin is lifted to give the surgeon access to adjust the underlying tissues and remove fat, if necessary
- Excess skin is removed, and the new brow position is secured as the incision is sutured together
- Numbness behind the incision may persist for nine to twelve months
- Utilizes same incision used to access upper eyelid for blepharoplasty.
- Excellent for elevating the lateral half of the eyebrow.
- Minimally invasive so recovery is faster and there is little downtime.
- Does not eliminate any excess skin from forehead.
Considering a brow lift? Schedule a consultation today!
Brow Lift FAQ
Q. How do I determine which brow lift technique is right for me?
A. During your consultation, you will meet with your Dr. Coleman for an evaluation and to discuss your goals. The amount of correction you require and a variety of other factors will be taken into consideration to help determine the right technique for your individual needs.
Q. What procedures are commonly combined with brow lift surgery?
A. Facelift surgery, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and injectable fillers are often combined with brow lift surgery to achieve complete facial rejuvenation.
Q. How do I know if I need an eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) combined with my brow lift to rejuvenate my eyes?
A. Sagging brows as well as excess tissue in the eyelids can contribute to vision impairment and drooping in the upper eyelids. To determine if a brow lift alone will correct this condition, place your fingers just above your eyebrows and lift them into a more favorable position. If most of the skin in the upper eyelid is improved, a brow lift is most likely right for you. If excess tissue in the eyelid remains, eyelid surgery may also be needed to rejuvenate the eyes. Lower eyelid surgery can also be performed to remove excess skin and bags below the eyes.
Q. What is the time frame for recovery after a brow lift?
A. You will be advised to sleep with your back and head elevated for the first five to seven days after the procedure, and mild activities such as walking can be performed during this time. Most patients can return to work one week after surgery, but strenuous activities and heavy lifting must be avoided for at least a few weeks. Dr. Coleman and his staff will give you specific instructions to follow after your procedure to ensure the safest and most effective recovery.